Zapkey’s List of Most Expensive Homes Bought in 2022
As per data accessed by Zapkey, the largest transaction in the year 2022 was a Rs 333 crs property in Juhu bought by Agarwal Holdings Private Limited (owned by promoters of pharmaceutical manufacturing company Macleods Pharmaceuticals). Agarwal Holdings Private Limited also purchased a property in Juhu, Mumbai for 87.75 crs in the year 2021. This however pales in comparison to the Rs 1,001 crs landmark transaction in 2021 where RK Damani (founder and CEO of DMart) bought an independent house in Malabar Hill.
In the year 2022, we have covered 11 transactions (9 in Mumbai and 2 in Delhi) that were above Rs 100 crs. These include:
- Agarwal Holdings Private Limited (Macleods Pharmaceuticals) – Rs 332.8 crs in Juhu, Mumbai
- Ravi and Neel Raheja (K Raheja promoters) – Rs 265 crs in Juhu, Mumbai
- Manoj Modi & family of Reliance Jio & Reliance Retail – Rs. 261.35 crs in Malabar Hills, Mumbai.
- Feat Properties Private Limited (K Raheja company) – Rs 182.7 crs in Juhu, Mumbai
- Madhav Prasad Agarwal of Sajjan India Limited – Rs 153 crs in Oberoi 360 West, Worli, Mumbai
- I G E (India) Pvt. Ltd (Investment and Holding Company) – Rs. 151 crs in Oberoi 360 West, Worli, Mumbai
- Siddharth Jain of Inox Group – Rs 144 crs in Raheja Legend, Worli, Mumbai
- Aakash Chaudhry of Aakash Education (part of BYJU’s) – Rs 137 crs in Chanakyapuri, Delhi NCR
- Varun Jaipuria of Devyani International/Varun Beverages – Rs 120 crs in Westend Green, Delhi
- Ranveer Singh’s father Jugjeet Singh Bhavnani through O5O Media Works LLP- Rs 118.9 crs in Sagar Resham CHS, Bandra West, Mumbai
- Devvrat Developers- Rs 113 crs in 25 South, Prabhadevi, Mumbai
Our list shows 57 deals in the ticket size of Rs 50-100 crs of which 35 were in Mumbai, 19 in Delhi, 2 in Bangalore, and 1 in Pune. Most of the properties sold were independent houses (bungalows with land) except for Mumbai where most of the expensive homes were apartments.
Further, the largest deals identified in each of the cities are as follows:
- *Mumbai: Agarwal Holdings Private Limited- Rs 332.8 crs in Juhu
- *Delhi: Aakash Chaudhry of Aakash Education (part of BYJU’s)- Rs 137 crs in Chanakyapuri
- *Bangalore: NRJN Family Trust (Nandan Nilekani)- Rs 59 crs in Koramangala
- *Hyderabad: Bhagwati Devi Baldwa of SKP Labs and Director of Federation of Telangana Chambers of Commerce and Industry – Rs 38 crs in Jubilee Hills
- *Pune: Rajan Ramesh Navani of JetSynthesys- Rs 62.2 crs in Koregaon Park
The top localities of transactions in each of these cities include:
- Mumbai – Juhu, Bandra, Worli
- Bangalore – Koramangala, Sadashivnagar, Indiranagar
- Delhi – Vasant Vihar, West End, Sunder Nagar
- Hyderabad – Jubilee Hills
- Pune – Koregaon Park
The buyer profiles for each of these luxury homes range from business tycoons, actors & actresses, and startup entrepreneurs.
- Aakash Chaudhary of Aakash Education (sold to BYJU’s)
- Ranveer Singh’s father Jugjeet Singh Bhavnani
- Chandrasekaran Natarajan (Chairman of Tata Group)
- Kushi Kapoor and Jhanvi Kapoor – Indian Actresses
- Nandan Nilekani (Infosys) through NRJN Trust
- Jagdish Chand Chaudhry of Aakash Education (sold to BYJU’s)
- Madhuri Dixit – Indian Actress
- Rajkumar Rao – Indian Actor
- Gaurav Samdadiya (Karza Technologies sold to Perfios)
- Zishaan Hayath (Toppr sold to BYJU’s)
- Prashant Tandon (1mg sold to Tata)
- Sunder Genomal (Page Industries)
- Sanjiv Bajaj Family (Bajaj)
- Neha Bansal (Wife of Piyush Bansal of Lenskart)
In totality, we have published a detailed list of 150 property deals worth ~Rs 7500 crs here: https://www.zapkey.com/most-expensive-homes-sold
Sandeep Reddy (Co-founder of Zapkey): 2022 has seen a robust demand in the ultra-luxury properties space. Demand for such properties is in niche/key locations like Worli in Mumbai, Vasant Vihar in Delhi, Koramangala in Bangalore, Jubilee Hills in Hyderabad, and Koregaon Park in Pune. These locations along with other similar locations happen to house some of the wealthiest and biggest Indian business tycoons, actors & actresses, and startup entrepreneurs. We expect the trend to continue in 2023 as India continues to see a rise in the number of Indian billionaires.
**Disclaimer: Although every effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information, Zapkey Technologies makes no warranties, express or implied, or representations as to the accuracy of the content on this website. Zapkey Technologies assumes no liability or responsibility for any error or omissions in the information contained on the website or the operation of the website. Furthermore, some transactions mentioned hereon are clubbed due to multiple purchases in the same project by the same party or members of the same family, and some transactions may not be undertaken for personal use but for redevelopment purposes. In case of inaccuracies or queries relating to the information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.